What you will need
Welcome to the "Upcycled Sakura Flowerz" workshop!
You will need:
- Grocery store paper bags (or kraft paper) cut into eight Zentangle tile sized (3.5 inch or 9 cm) square pieces* (please prepare before the workshop)
- Blank folded note card, approximately 4 inch x 5.5 inch folded (= 8 inch x 5.5 inch open) or 10 cm x 14 cm folded (= 20 cm x 14cm open)
- White gel pen (e.g. Sakura Gelly Roll 10, Uniball Signo, etc)
- Brown Micron 01 or PN
- Fine line pen or pencil for marking (You will not see these marks once you are done)
- Paper glue (I use a stick glue)
- Coloring pencil pencils or pastel pencils in white, yellow and pink.
*When you cut square pieces out from a paper bag, it’s always good idea to make a few extra just in case.
*Please test your pens and pencils on your grocery paper bag to ensure they work on this unique drawing surface. Gel pens and pastel / charcoal pencils generally work well on grocery paper bags, but not all pens, pencils and paper are created equal. I will use General’s Pastel Chalk Pencils in white (4414), Yellow Ochre (4417), Burnt Sienna (4453), Burnt Carmine (4406), and Rose Madder (4427) for demo, but you can use any colors.)
*Upcycling, repurposing, and recycling to save our precious recourses is something I try to incorporate in every aspect of my life, and I enjoy teaching the “Upcycled” workshop series using the grocery store bags. However, please feel free to use what you feel appropriate for this project.