What you will need
Welcome to the "Upcycled Winter Roze" workshop!
You will need:
- 4 Zendala-sized (4-5/8" or 117mm diameter) rounds cut out from a grocery store paper bag (or Kraft paper)
- Markus Operandus printed (free download)
- craft glue (I use ModPodge and a toothpick)
- Thin round stick like bamboo BBQ skewer or thin round paintbrush
- white gel pen (like Sakura Gelly Roll 10)
- white charcoal pencil and tortillon (I use General’s charcoal)
- Gel pens in other colors if you would like to add colors to your rose
- Charcoal pencils / coloring pencils if you would like to add colors other than white
* If you are using pencils in different colors, you may want to consider using a spray fixative before putting together rose petals.
*Please test your pens and pencils on your grocery paper bag to ensure they work on this unique drawing surface. Gel pens and pastel / charcoal pencils generally work well on grocery paper bags, but not all pens, pencils and paper are created equal.
*Upcycling, repurposing, and recycling to save our precious recourses is something I try to incorporate in every aspect of my life, and I enjoy teaching the “Upcycled” workshop series using the grocery store bags. However, please feel free to use what you feel appropriate for this project.