What you will need
Welcome to the "Upcycled Snow Flower Pop-up Card" workshop!
You will need:
- Grocery store paper bags (or kraft paper) cut into seven 3.5 inch square pieces* (please prepare before the workshop)
- Blank folded note card, approximately 4 inch x 5.5 inch
- Gel pen* (I use uni-ball Signo white for demo, but you can use any color.)
- Fine line pen or pencil for marking (You will not see these marks once you are done)
- Paper glue (I use a stick glue for demo)
- Optional: Pastel or charcoal pencil (I use General’s charcoal white for demo, but you can use any color.)
- Optional: Ruler
*When you cut square pieces out from a paper bag, it’s always good idea to make a few extra just in case.
*Please test your pens and pencils on your grocery paper bag to ensure they work on this unique drawing surface. Gel pens and pastel / charcoal pencils generally work well on grocery paper bags, but not all pens, pencils and paper are created equal.
*Upcycling, repurposing, and recycling to save our precious recourses is something I try to incorporate in every aspect of my life, and I enjoy teaching the “Upcycled” workshop series using the grocery store bags. However, please feel free to use what you feel appropriate for this project.